是不是狗就會無法走路呢?
那是不是應該考慮在衰老前手術?
謝謝
cindytong

文章: 27
註冊時間: 2006-02-06, 00:39
性別: 未指定

文章doggydc » 2006-06-19, 14:16

It is a very good question. Once the dog is getting older there is a chance the muscle will get atrophic and it is possible the dog is going to have certain degree of walking/exercise problem. This can be cotrolled by keeping body slim and with continuous exercise to maintain the muscle strength. If there is any sign of walking/exercise problem, THR can be performed at any time. I want to let everyone knows that there is no high age limit for THR. I also like to let you know that your dog won't lose walking/exercise ability in one day, so you always can predict your dog's legs function and plan to do something(THR) in advance. I did see a few dogs(we didn't see that many both hips complete luxated in USA) with both hip joints luxated completely and still walking/exercise well in their older age. Most of the dogs have standing/walking problems in their old age is neurological related. I never see any case is induced by CHD alone.
doggydc

文章: 959
註冊時間: 2004-10-04, 16:25
來自: losangeles

文章路克娘 » 2006-06-19, 16:35

doggydc 寫:It is a very good question. Once the dog is getting older there is a chance the muscle will get atrophic and it is possible the dog is going to have certain degree of walking/exercise problem. This can be cotrolled by keeping body slim and with continuous exercise to maintain the muscle strength. If there is any sign of walking/exercise problem, THR can be performed at any time. I want to let everyone knows that there is no high age limit for THR. I also like to let you know that your dog won't lose walking/exercise ability in one day, so you always can predict your dog's legs function and plan to do something(THR) in advance. I did see a few dogs(we didn't see that many both hips complete luxated in USA) with both hip joints luxated completely and still walking/exercise well in their older age. Most of the dogs have standing/walking problems in their old age is neurological related. I never see any case is induced by CHD alone.

這是一個很好的問題。當狗開始老化後,肌肉有可能逐漸萎縮,而有可能使狗狗產生某些走路與運動的問題。這可以透過持續控制體重與運動以保持肌肉的強度,而被控制。如果出現任何走路/運動問題的現象,任何時間均可以實施THR手術。我想要讓大家知道THR手術是沒有高齡限制的。我同時也希望你知道,你的狗在未來不會失去走路/運動的能力,你永遠可以預料你的狗的腿部功能,並預先計畫作THR手術。我的確見過一些狗兒在牠們老年時,(在美國,我們沒有見到非常多雙側髖關節都完全脫出的)即使雙側髖關節完全脫出,而仍然走路/運動得很好。大部份狗在牠們老年時有站立/行走的問題,多是和神經方面的問題有關。我從沒看過任何一個病例是單純因為CHD引起的。
頭像
路克娘

文章: 52
註冊時間: 2005-12-19, 21:31

回到 骨科

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 26 位訪客