版主: machi, tess1223, barkingdog

文章TING » 2012-07-19, 09:10

在香港CAU診所已經是選擇方式的一種了,
日本赤坂動物病院、岸上獣医科病院也是提共幹細胞的治療了~
( http://www.k.zaq.jp/kis/read.html )
看起來幹細胞的研究已經不是一兩年的才開始的,
這已經不是商機方面而已了

要不然像是貓博士在2011年也有發表過了,
( http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_626965170102dqv9.html )

更不用說現在的news裡面都可以看的到幹細胞治療成功的sample了。
( http://udn.com/NEWS/HEALTH/HEA1/7229792.shtml )

所以說以治療方式來說已經是成熟的治療方式了~

幹細胞現在的方式已經是以自體幹細胞來做培養,
就是說以自己的cell做培養,
那當然就不會有向amy你說的排斥性的發生,
實驗室培養分離後的細胞,
通常都會photo起來,
那就當然會知道培養出來的是何種細胞了~

如果只是以商機來評論的話,
現在就不會成立那麼多幹細胞中心了吧?
( http://health.chinatimes.com/contents.a ... 68&id=9728 )

頭像
TING

文章: 322
註冊時間: 2005-04-15, 10:01
來自: 台北
性別: 未指定

文章ianf » 2012-07-19, 10:30

小米之前已經有給醫師檢查過拍攝過X光了,
有髖關節的問題,並不是patella or muscle problem,
更不是腳底受傷的問題,
那因為是hip joint 的問題,才會找到狗友會的,
目前是以保守治療,狀況是還OK,
但是未來呢?

所以才會做research來做未來治療的考量,
相信像在amy在幫 yellow做 THR時也一定做了很多的功課才決定的,
以治療方法來說THR是看來是比較好的選擇,
但是由於經濟上的考量點,
所以想看除了股骨頭切除術及保守療法外的另外一個選擇點,

再加上
南部好像沒有像是愛屋一樣專門做THR的醫院?
ianf

文章: 5
註冊時間: 2012-07-14, 00:50

文章Bu麻 » 2012-07-19, 11:18

:roll: 以我來說,花那麼多時間做研究應該可以跑台灣一圈了吧!!
相信你也是肯花時間耐心且細心的好主人
頭像
Bu麻

文章: 1531
註冊時間: 2005-02-18, 17:19
來自: TAIPEI

文章Genki麻 » 2012-07-19, 11:19

我想幹細胞的治療費用應該比人工髖關節置換手術還貴上許多吧!!

保守療法持續做下去是可以維持不錯的!而且,比起其他疾病(含因老化而出現的不適症狀)
我想...屆時,髖關節發育不全這遺傳疾病會變成 重要但不急迫 的。

當然,如果你找到了不錯的幹細胞治療機構,也完成了治癒,屆時非常期待你能回來和大家詳細地分享!
這可是一大福音呀!

只是,吃人頭路,領死薪水的我,還是選擇持續保守療法下去。
頭像
Genki麻

文章: 1530
註冊時間: 2008-05-04, 20:23
性別: 女孩

文章amy » 2012-07-19, 11:46

ianf 寫:小米之前已經有給醫師檢查過拍攝過X光了,
有髖關節的問題,並不是patella or muscle problem,
更不是腳底受傷的問題,
那因為是hip joint 的問題,才會找到狗友會的,
目前是以保守治療,狀況是還OK,
但是未來呢?

所以才會做research來做未來治療的考量,
相信像在amy在幫 yellow做 THR時也一定做了很多的功課才決定的,
以治療方法來說THR是看來是比較好的選擇,
但是由於經濟上的考量點,
所以想看除了股骨頭切除術及保守療法外的另外一個選擇點,

再加上
南部好像沒有像是愛屋一樣專門做THR的醫院?

目前有許多種相對安全而有足夠案例可證實效果的療法可以選擇.髖關節問題最壞狀況也可以更換人工關節就可以解決
狗友會那麼多狗有CHD問題的狗.大多在實施保守療.8.9年前那批黃金拉拉...等大型犬.也沒那隻因為CHD問題導致殘廢不能走
未來的醫學進展很難說.或許將來還會有其他的選擇也不一定.但現階段沒有必要去考量一個爭議性很還很大的療法
真的想要選擇THR要考量的是醫生的技術.洏不是在那個縣市.醫療的目的在解決疾病為首要考量 而不是方便
8年前國內還沒有醫生有純熟技術,我都能把醫生請回來國內.並專程從北部去中部興大動刀
如果當初醫生不願來台.我把Yellow送往美國治療也在所不惜.事在人為
更何況現在在台灣就已經可以順利就診和治療
醫療是嚴肅的事.怎麼選擇是飼主自己的決定.但無論怎麼選擇
風險的評估都是首要條件.這也是現階段我不認同幹細胞治療的原因
頭像
amy
Administrator
Administrator

文章: 14368
圖片: 11
註冊時間: 2004-09-22, 16:57

文章旺旺 » 2012-07-20, 10:56

Fabio拔 寫:因為我們家的是古牧,走路有時候後肢怪怪的@@
所以擔心才會找這些data的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
你家古牧走路怪怪,你不去找醫生做正確檢查,卻一直在幹細胞,細胞是哪裡得罪你???

:D :D :D 我喜歡Fabio拔這種幽默~先從已經成熟可行的醫療做評估why not
頭像
旺旺

文章: 335
註冊時間: 2010-02-11, 15:12

文章Jeff Wang » 2012-07-22, 06:45

I don't know there are so many discussion regarding stem cell therapy in a few days. The following is a breif summary from one of our Dr. He reviews several reports and give me such a result.

Stem cell therapy is another treatment modality that can be used to help manage osteoarthritis (OA). It works by harvesting and growing stem cells from the animal's own tissue to be delivered to the site of injury. Theoretically, the stem cells can help with stimulate regeneration and repair the damaged tissue. There is still much that we don't know for sure about stem cell therapy as there is still a lot of ongoing research. Stem cell therapy is not a cure for OA, it is another medical management option. The goal of stem cell therapy is to provide anti-inflammatory effects, slow cartilage degeneration, and to promote healing of damaged tissue. The duration of effect can be variable from months to years. Additional stem cell treatments may be needed to maintain the improvement. Response to treatment can vary among individuals and are also dependent on the extent of OA in the individual patient. Many patients still need to be concurrently managed with other treatment modalities such as NSAIDs, dietary supplements, acupuncture, laser therapy, surgery etc. Stem cell therapy is still in its infancy and the initial studies look promising, however there are still a lot of questions that still need to be answered through continued research.

Vincent Lee, DVM

To me, it is one of the treatment. Not a cure. Just like the glucosamine. Before I told my clients in Taiwan it is working. I watched the result several years and make sure it is OK. I should say stem cell may be a treatment option. However, it didn't mean you don't have to forget the importance of other treatment. But, if we do several treatments together, how can we tell which one is really working. That is why they used a term "subjective improvement".

Here is another article from Angel Hospital which they are doing stem cell therapy.
Stem cell therapy has been used in equine cases since 2003, but is just beginning to gain acceptance as a treatment for canine OA(osteoarthritis). There are currently two studies in veterinary literature that show significant improvement in lameness in dogs wit hip and elbow OA following treatment wit stem cells. BOTH STUDIES WERE SPONSORED BY VET-STEM, INC., and both studies have limited numbers of cases, however, the results are promising.
Several patients have been injected with stem cells at Angel Animal Medical Center with subjective improvement seen. Surgical management such joint replacement is still the preferred treatment for animals tat have advanced OA or are no longer responsive to medical management. Stem cells provide an additional treatment modality for animals when joint replacement is not an option or if owners want to try a less invasive apporach prior to pursuing major surgery.
By Sue Casale, DVM DACVS

I didn't change a word from her article. If you are asking my opinion. I will try other medical treatment such glucosamine supplement, cold laser, adequin injection and acupuncture before go for stem cell therapy. This is just my personal view. I am not against any new thing, but I really cannot judge it at this moment. You should pay some attention on the cost and the procedure before you try in on your pet. I cannot make decision for you here.

Jeff
Oh, by the way, I won't believe the result of a study if it was sponsored by a related company. I talked to the members of this website before. Not just from now. I prefer third party studies.
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA

文章amy » 2012-07-22, 13:02

Jeff Wang 寫:I don't know there are so many discussion regarding stem cell therapy in a few days. The following is a breif summary from one of our Dr. He reviews several reports and give me such a result.

Stem cell therapy is another treatment modality that can be used to help manage osteoarthritis (OA). It works by harvesting and growing stem cells from the animal's own tissue to be delivered to the site of injury. Theoretically, the stem cells can help with stimulate regeneration and repair the damaged tissue. There is still much that we don't know for sure about stem cell therapy as there is still a lot of ongoing research. Stem cell therapy is not a cure for OA, it is another medical management option. The goal of stem cell therapy is to provide anti-inflammatory effects, slow cartilage degeneration, and to promote healing of damaged tissue. The duration of effect can be variable from months to years. Additional stem cell treatments may be needed to maintain the improvement. Response to treatment can vary among individuals and are also dependent on the extent of OA in the individual patient. Many patients still need to be concurrently managed with other treatment modalities such as NSAIDs, dietary supplements, acupuncture, laser therapy, surgery etc. Stem cell therapy is still in its infancy and the initial studies look promising, however there are still a lot of questions that still need to be answered through continued research.

Vincent Lee, DVM

To me, it is one of the treatment. Not a cure. Just like the glucosamine. Before I told my clients in Taiwan it is working. I watched the result several years and make sure it is OK. I should say stem cell may be a treatment option. However, it didn't mean you don't have to forget the importance of other treatment. But, if we do several treatments together, how can we tell which one is really working. That is why they used a term "subjective improvement".

Here is another article from Angel Hospital which they are doing stem cell therapy.
Stem cell therapy has been used in equine cases since 2003, but is just beginning to gain acceptance as a treatment for canine OA(osteoarthritis). There are currently two studies in veterinary literature that show significant improvement in lameness in dogs wit hip and elbow OA following treatment wit stem cells. BOTH STUDIES WERE SPONSORED BY VET-STEM, INC., and both studies have limited numbers of cases, however, the results are promising.
Several patients have been injected with stem cells at Angel Animal Medical Center with subjective improvement seen. Surgical management such joint replacement is still the preferred treatment for animals tat have advanced OA or are no longer responsive to medical management. Stem cells provide an additional treatment modality for animals when joint replacement is not an option or if owners want to try a less invasive apporach prior to pursuing major surgery.
By Sue Casale, DVM DACVS

I didn't change a word from her article. If you are asking my opinion. I will try other medical treatment such glucosamine supplement, cold laser, adequin injection and acupuncture before go for stem cell therapy. This is just my personal view. I am not against any new thing, but I really cannot judge it at this moment. You should pay some attention on the cost and the procedure before you try in on your pet. I cannot make decision for you here.

Jeff
Oh, by the way, I won't believe the result of a study if it was sponsored by a related company. I talked to the members of this website before. Not just from now. I prefer third party studies.

翻譯如下.如有錯誤歡迎指正

我不知道在這幾天有關幹細胞療法就有這麼多的討論,以下是我們的醫生他回顧了若干有關幹細胞療法的報告,並給我這樣一個總結。

"幹細胞療法是另一種治療方法,可以用來幫助照顧骨關節炎(OA)。它的工作原理是從動物的自身組織的幹細胞被傳遞到損傷部位去成長。從理論上說,幹細胞可以幫助刺激再生和修復受損的組織。還有很多我們不確定的幹細胞療法有很多仍在進行的研究。幹細胞療法是不能治愈的OA,它只是另一個醫療的選項。幹細胞療法的目標是提供抗發炎作用,讓軟骨退化變的緩慢,以促進受損組織癒合。效果的持續時間可以從幾個月到幾年。對治療的反應因人而異,而且仍然需要與其他治療方法,如非類固醇抗發炎止痛藥,膳食補充劑,雷射療法,針灸,手術等。幹細胞療法還處於起步階段..初步研究看好,但是仍有很多問題仍然需要通過持續的研究才能確認。
文森特李醫生"

對我來說,這是一個治療改善的方式但.無法治癒。就像葡萄糖銨.我先看了幾年的使用結果,並確保它的效果是可以確定的才引進台灣。我應該說,幹細胞可能是一種治療選擇。然而,它並不意味著你可以忽略其他治療的重要性和效果。但是,如果我們同時使用幾個治療方式,怎麼能告訴哪一個是真正的有效。這就是為什麼說這是他們自己“主觀認定的改善”。

以下是另一個天使醫院的文章,他們目前有在做幹細胞療法。
“自2003年以來,已在馬的情況下使用幹細胞療法,但作為治療犬關節炎(骨關節炎)才剛剛開始被接受。目前有兩個顯著改善跛行犬髖關節和肘關節OA以幹細胞的研究報告。是由 VET-STEM, INC公司贊助這兩項研究,報告結果是令人鼓舞的。然而這兩項研究的結果數量卻很有限
有幾個(少量)病人在天使動物醫療中心,幹細胞治療有主觀認定的改善。但嚴重的關節問題或內科療法效果不佳時..手術療法等人工關節置換術仍然是首選的治療方法。如果飼主想嘗試關節置換手術前以外的治療方式。幹細胞為動物提供了一個額外的治療選擇”
蘇卡薩萊醫生.

我並沒有改變蘇卡薩萊醫生她的文章裡的話。如果你問我的意見。我會嘗試其他治療如葡萄糖補充,雷射治療,玻尿酸注射和針灸等。這只是我個人的看法。我不反對任何新的東西,但我實在無法判斷,在這一刻。你應該先評估需支付的成本和治療過程。我不能在這裡為你做決定。

哦,順便說一下,不只是現在.從以前我就跟本網站的成員說過.。我不相信一些由相關公司贊助出資做出的研究結果。我比較相信的是第三方研究。

美國愛屋王勢爵醫生
最後由 amy 於 2012-07-22, 16:12 編輯,總共編輯了 4 次。
頭像
amy
Administrator
Administrator

文章amy » 2012-07-22, 16:06

謝謝王醫師幫我們找資料和發表看法
王醫師說天使醫院是在美國很大的私人醫院.他們本身也有在做幹細胞治療
該醫院有全系列治療技術.但是對於關節問題.嚴重的關節問題或內科治療效果不佳的
也是以人工關節或手術療法為優先選擇.幹細胞治療只是另一種選項.給不想選擇手術或人工
關節置換的飼主另一種選擇(從蘇卡薩萊醫生發表的文章中指出)
目前在美國有關幹細胞治療的研究報告並不多.如果效果真的很好
相關的研究發表數量應該是很多才對.因此還有待觀察

最後.很多研究報告是在相關"廠商贊助出資"下做出的.這類的研究報告會發表都有其
預定的立場.可信度有多少.就看自己的判斷了

我們很希望未來能看到幹細胞治療能成為有效而普遍的治療方式.
但現階段我們無法為這種治療做背書.因為目前仍有一些負面的治療結果被看到(資料會再後補)
飼主在選擇各種療法前.因先評估療法的風險及必要性
目前已有許多關節的治療方式是被確認是有效而較安全的.飼主應該優先選擇這些療法
而不是去選擇尚待觀察的治療方法
頭像
amy
Administrator
Administrator

文章chien » 2012-07-22, 16:46

翻譯如下,歡迎專業人士進行指正...

沒想到短短幾天中,關於幹細胞療法已經有這麼多的討論。以下是我們其中幾位醫生在看過幾篇研究後得到的簡短摘要。

Vincent Lee, DVM
幹細胞療法是可以被應用在管理骨關節炎上的另外一種治療方式。藉由從動物本身的組織中取得並複製幹細胞,然後送到受傷位置來產生治癒效果。理論上,幹細胞可以協助刺激再生效果,修復受傷部位的組織。
但由於關於幹細胞療法我們仍有很大部分的未知,所以有許多研究仍然在進行中。幹細胞療法並不是骨關節炎的治療方法,而是另一種內科管理的選項。其目的在於提供消炎效果、延緩軟骨原骨的退化,同時促進受傷組織的痊癒速度。而其有效期變異很大,由數月到數年不等。為了維持效果,可能需要另一次的療程。
處理後的反應會因為個體而有所不同,也會因為病患骨關節炎的範圍不同而有所差異。許多病患仍需要同時採用非類固醇抗發炎劑、飲食補充、針灸治療、外科手術等其他其他治療方式。幹細胞療法目前仍處於發展初期階段,雖然剛開始研究成果看來是正向的,但是仍有非常大的探索空間需要更多的研究來證實。

Sue Casale, DVM DACVS
在我來說,目前它仍屬於療法之一,而非治癒方式,就像是使用葡萄糖胺。我必須觀察許多年並證實它真的是有效的,我才會告訴我的病患也許可以採取幹細胞療法作為選項之一。然而,這並不表示我們就必須把其他有效的療法拋諸腦後。但是,如果我們同時採用的許多療法,我們又該如何釐清真正發生效果的是哪一個?這也是為什麼研究結果中會使用”主觀性的改善”這個字眼。
幹細胞療法從2003年起就開始被採用在馬匹的治療上,但是在狗的骨關節炎上才正要開始被採用。目前在獸醫學的文獻中有2篇分別顯示幹細胞療法在犬隻髖關節炎及肘關節炎有明顯改善,同時,這兩個研究都是由VET-STEM, INC.所贊助進行的,案例數量也都有限,不過實驗結果都是正向的。
有些病患在Angel Animal Medical Center接受幹細胞注射後,主觀認為是有改善的。然而手術(像是關節置換)仍然是改善動物骨關節炎的偏好手段。對於無法進行手術、想要嘗試較少侵入性治療的飼主而言,幹細胞療法提供了另一種選項。

Jeff
在採用幹細胞療法之前,我應該會先採取其他手段,像是補充葡萄糖胺、冷光雷射、注射polysulfated glycosaminoglycan或是針灸療法。這就是我的個人意見,我並不是抗拒任何新事物,但是實在是無法在此刻就做出評論。在你決定以你的寵物去做新嘗試之前,也許應該先評估費用及整個療法的過程細節,在這裡我沒有辦法為你做決定。
對了,對於贊助商或相關廠商所進行的研究,我不會全盤相信。以前我也告訴過其他的網站成員。我相當期待第三公正單位的研究報告。
頭像
chien

文章: 749
註冊時間: 2005-12-26, 10:35
來自: 北部

文章amy » 2012-07-22, 17:01

感謝DUKE麻的翻譯.
舒解了我對自己的破英文不安.感恩.一鞠躬 :lol:
頭像
amy
Administrator
Administrator

文章旺旺 » 2012-07-23, 10:42

There are currently two studies in veterinary literature that show significant improvement in lameness in dogs wit hip and elbow OA following treatment wit stem cells.

如果能有這兩篇的完整報告及是否為被具公信機構接受的論文期刊,從此來論斷這兩份報告的信賴度及參考價值.廠商贊助的個案使用報告case report,商業行銷目的是主因.
頭像
旺旺

文章: 335
註冊時間: 2010-02-11, 15:12

上一頁下一頁

回到 疾病.醫療.護理

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 25 位訪客